SIS40221 – Certificate IV in Fitness
Once you have completed your SIS30321 – Certificate 3 in Fitness, the second step in your fitness career is enrolling in the SIS40221 – Certificate IV in Fitness. Upon completion of this qualification, you’ll have developed the training skills necessary for giving unsupervised program instructions, and health and nutritional advice to clients one-on-one. The SIS40221 – Certificate IV in Fitness is a nationally-recognised qualification that offers you the opportunity to work in fitness centres, gymnasiums, aquatic facilities, community facilities, and open spaces.
STUDY SIS40221 – Certificate IV in Fitness
HOW LONG DOES SIS40221 - CERTIFICATE IV IN FITNESS TAKE?
We give our students up to 12 months to complete the SIS40221 – Certificate IV in Fitness. If you don’t finish it in that time, you may request an extension. It is up to you how long it takes to complete it if you study online, as the coursework is available online anytime. You can finish it more quickly if you focus on allocating the time necessary. Some students study online part-time and work part-time.
If you need support with course materials or other course-related queries, our instructors can support you. Contact them via email or on the phone. They are passionate about assisting students to succeed, so they are more than happy to help when they can.
WILL I GET A JOB?
While a job as a personal trainer is not guaranteed, we find that our SIS40221 – Certificate IV in Fitness graduates often find employment. We have connections in the fitness industry, so we have fitness businesses call us seeking graduate referrals. Our students are often employed by gyms and fitness facilities across Australia.
When we design our programs, we ask employers what they want to see in a staff member. This ensures that what you learn is relevant to the type of job you may receive. We have experienced trainers and quality course materials to teach you all of the knowledge you need to become a personal trainer.
Some graduates also use their SIS40221 – Certificate IV in Fitness to move into further study or improve their employability in other roles, such as coaching or teaching.
If you’d like further details, your next step would be to connect with us by filling out your details below, and we’ll send you an information pack.
TOPICS COVERED IN SIS40221 - CERTIFICATE IV IN FITNESS
Learn about how to motivate and instruct clients, including specific client groups, using exercise programs. Promote functional movement and collaborate with health professionals in a fitness context.
- SISFFIT041 – Develop personalised exercise programs
- SISFFIT042 – Instruct perssonalised exercise sessions
- SISFFIT043 – Develop and instruct personalised exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISFFIT044 – Develop and instruct personalised exercise programs for older clients
- SISFFIT045 – Develop and instruct personalised exercise programs for adolescent clients
- SISFFIT049 – Use exercise science principles in fitness instruction
- SISFFIT050 – Support exercise behaviour change
- SISFFIT051 – Establish and maintain professional practice for fitness instruction
Healthy Eating Advice
This topic covers the dangers of providing clients with nutrition advice. Also discover how you can use the Eat for Health Program to support healthy eating behaviours.
- SISFFIT053 – Support healthy eating for individual fitness clients
Managing client relationships is vital for small business owners and contractors. This unit has you covered.
- CHCCOM006 – Establish and manage client relationships
Personal trainers often end up running their own small businesses. That’s why this topic specialises in all the basics you need to know for running a small business. Learn about marketing techniques, risk, finance, and small business operations.
- BSBESB302 – Develop and present business proposals
- BSBESB303 – Organise finances for new business ventures
- BSBESB401 – Research and develop business plans
- BSBESB402 – Establish legal and risk management requirements for new business ventures
- BSBESB404 – Market new business ventures
Strength and Conditioning
Learn about how strength and conditioning can help your clients to improve their practice. Find out how to instruct in these techniques and develop your own programs.
- SISXCAI009 – Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
- SISXCAI010 – Develop strength and conditioning programs.
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
Entry to this qualification is open to individuals who hold the following units of competency or units that have been superseded by these units:
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid (or a unit that supersedes this unit)
- HLTWHS001 – Participate in workplace health and safety
- SISFFIT032 – Complete pre-exercise screening and service orientation.
- SISFFIT033 – Complete client fitness assessments
- SISFFIT035 – Plan group exercise sessions
- SISFFIT036 – Instruct group exercise sessions.
- SISFFIT040 – Develop and instruct gym-based exercise programs for individual clients.
- SISFFIT047 – Use anatomy and physiology knowledge to support safe and effective exercise
- SISFFIT052 – Provide healthy eating information
REQUEST INFO PACK FOR SIS40221 – Certificate IV in Fitness
Want to find out more? Submit your details in the form below and we will send you a comprehensive information pack about studying SIS40221 – Certificate IV in Fitness online. This will cover the course objectives, a course overview, and the units you’ll receive. You may be surprised by how affordable the SIS40221 – Certificate IV in Fitness cost is, so enquire now to find out!