10859NAT – Certificate IV in Weight Management
With the 10859NAT – Certificate IV in Weight Management course, you can gain the skills required to launch a career in weight management as a practitioner, weight loss consultant, wellness coach, or health and nutrition coach. From the commencement date, you will have a 12-month period to complete this course unless you ask for an extension. Once completed, you’ll have gained the nationally recognised qualification 10859NAT – Certificate IV in Weight Management.
STUDY 10859NAT – Certificate IV in Weight Management
HOW LONG DOES 10859NAT - CERTIFICATE IV IN WEIGHT MANAGEMENT TAKE?
10859NAT – Certificate IV in Weight Management can be done at your own pace, and you have up to 12 months to complete it, although extensions are available. Because your study is done using an online learning platform, you can decide how much time to spend on it per week. This means you can certainly finish it in under 12 months if you have the time. We mentor you remotely and provide assistance so that you won’t be on your own.
WILL I GET A JOB?
Once you’ve completed 10859NAT – Certificate IV in Weight Management successfully, your job opportunities may widen. Roles you can take include weight loss consultant, weight management consultant, motivational weight management coach, wellness coach, and health and nutrition coach.
The College of Health and Fitness is often asked for graduate referrals by health and fitness businesses looking for our best students. Having an additional weight management course accreditation to your name is a great addition to your CV.
We can’t guarantee you a job, but it has been estimated that nearly three-quarters of Australia’s population will be overweight or obese by 2025. With those figures, it is not surprising that the demand for weight-loss counselling services is growing fast. The course is intended to provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to pursue a career in the wellness industry.
TOPICS COVERED IN 10859NAT - CERTIFICATE IV IN WEIGHT MANAGEMENT
Learn the skills required to guide your clients in managing their weight. This includes learning and applying the principles of psychology to modify behaviour and planning meals using nutritional science.
- WMTIND401A – Work effectively in the weight management industry
- WMTPSY401A – Analyse and apply principles of psychology, mindset and behaviour modification to weight management
- WMTDIT401A – Analyse and apply principles of nutritional science to meal planning
- WMTFIT401A – Apply basic anatomy and physiology principles to exercise recommendations for weight management
- WMTCON401A – Undertake an initial weight management consultation
- WMTCON402A – Undertake regular weight management consultations
- WMTCON403A – Design, plan and deliver weight management clinics for groups
- WMTREL401A – Work collaboratively with networks
This course also teaches you business skills that may help you in your career going forward, such as addressing customer needs and marketing a small business.
- BSBCMM401 – Make a presentation
- BSBCUS402 – Address customer needs
- BSBSMB403 – Market the Small Business
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
Entrants to the qualification must:
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Have achieved a minimum year 10 level of education.
- Have a minimum of three years’ employment or volunteer experience in working within a customer service environment.
- Meet the requirement for working with adolescents (13-17) in the relevant Australian State / Territory (or advise that they do not intend to work with adolescents (13-17) and acknowledge that they have been advised of the requirement should they choose to do so in future).
- Have the ability to use computers, email, write word documents, and use basic spreadsheets.
- Have access to the internet (whilst all of the learning materials can be downloaded via pdf, internet access would be required to download the documents and upload assessments).
WHAT IF YOU HAVE EXISTING QUALIFICATIONS OR WORK EXPERIENCE?
If you already have relevant qualifications or experience, such as in the fitness industry, we may be able to give you credit or exemption against your weight management course. Potentially, we can save you time and money simply by recognising the things you have already done. We’ll customise a pathway that’s unique for you – one that is relevant, affordable and quality-driven. Our next course starts soon — register now to reserve your place.
REQUEST INFO PACK FOR 10859NAT – Certificate IV in Weight Management
If you’re interested in taking this weight management course, let us know by filling out the form below. We will send you a complete information pack for 10859NAT – Certificate IV in Weight Management, containing all of the course objectives, units, and information you need. This can help you to decide whether to enrol in the program.