SIS40215 – Certificate IV in Fitness
Once you have completed your SIS30315 – Certificate 3 in Fitness, the second step in your fitness career is enrolling in the SIS40215 – Certificate IV in Fitness. Upon completion of this qualification, you’ll have developed the training skills necessary for giving unsupervised program instructions, and health and nutritional advice to clients one-on-one. The SIS40215 – Certificate IV in Fitness is a nationally-recognised qualification that offers you the opportunity to work in fitness centres, gymnasiums, aquatic facilities, community facilities, and open spaces.
STUDY SIS40215 – Certificate IV in Fitness
HOW LONG DOES SIS40215 - CERTIFICATE IV IN FITNESS TAKE?
We give our students up to 12 months to complete the SIS40215 – Certificate IV in Fitness. If you don’t finish it in that time, you may request an extension. It is up to you how long it takes to complete it if you study online, as the coursework is available online anytime. You can finish it much faster if you focus on getting through the work quickly. Others choose to study online part-time and work part-time. If you prefer face-to-face learning, no problem. You can also decide to study part-time in the classroom at our facilities.
If you need support with course materials or other course-related queries, our instructors can support you. Contact them via email or on the phone. They are passionate about assisting students to succeed, so they are more than happy to help when they can.
WILL I GET A JOB?
While a job as a personal trainer is not guaranteed, we find that our SIS40215 – Certificate IV in Fitness graduates often find employment. We have connections in the fitness industry, so we have fitness businesses call us seeking graduate referrals. Our students are often employed by gyms and fitness facilities across Australia.
When we design our programs, we ask employers what they want to see in a staff member. This ensures that what you learn is relevant to the type of job you may receive. We have experienced trainers and quality course materials to teach you all of the knowledge you need to become a personal trainer.
Some graduates also use their SIS40215 – Certificate IV in Fitness to move into further study or improve their employability in other roles, such as coaching or teaching.
If you’d like further details, your next step would be to connect with us by filling out your details below, and we’ll send you an information pack.
TOPICS COVERED IN SIS40215 - CERTIFICATE IV IN FITNESS
Learn about how to motivate and instruct clients using exercise programs. Promote functional movement and collaborate with health professionals in a fitness context.
- SISFFIT013 Instruct exercise to young people aged 13-17 years
- SISFFIT015 Collaborate with medical and allied health professionals in a fitness context.
- SISFFIT016 Provide the motivation to positively influence exercise behaviours.
- SISFFIT017 Instruct long-term exercise programs.
- SISFFIT018 Promote functional movement capacity.
- SISFFIT019 Incorporate exercise science principles into fitness programming.
- SISFFIT020 Instruct exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISFFIT023 Instruct group personal training programs.
Healthy Eating Advice
This topic covers the dangers of providing clients with nutrition advice. Also discover how you can use the Eat for Health Program to support healthy eating behaviours.
- SISFFIT025 Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients.
- SISFFIT026 Support healthy eating through the Eat for Health Program.
Sustainable Work Practices
Find out about how to use the correct work practices even in open spaces.
- SISXRES001 Conduct sustainable work practices in open spaces.
Personal trainers often end up running their own small businesses. That’s why this topic specialises in all the basics you need to know for running a small business. Learn about marketing techniques, risk, finance, and small business operations.
- BSBSMB401 Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business.
- BSBSMB403 Market the small business.
- BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning.
- BSBSMB406 Manage small business finances.
- BSBFRA301 Work within a franchise.
- BSBSMB405 Monitor and manage small business operations.
Strength and Conditioning
Learn about how strength and conditioning can help your clients to improve their practice. Find out how to instruct in these techniques and develop your own programs.
- SISSTC301A Instruct strength and conditioning techniques.
- SISSTC402A Develop strength and conditioning programs.
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
Entry to this qualification is open to those who hold a current first aid qualification and current CPR certificate and who have achieved the following units of competency:
- SISFFIT001 Provide health screening and fitness orientation.
- SISFFIT002 Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations.
- SISFFIT003 Instruct fitness programs.
- SISFFIT004 Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming delivery.
- SISFFIT005 Provide healthy eating information.
- SISFFIT006 Conduct fitness appraisals.
- SISFFIT0014 Instruct exercise to older clients.
- SISXCCS001 Provide quality service.
REQUEST INFO PACK FOR SIS40215 – Certificate IV in Fitness
Want to find out more? Submit your details in the form below and we will send you a comprehensive information pack about studying SIS40215 – Certificate IV in Fitness online. This will cover the course objectives, a course overview, and the units you’ll receive. You may be surprised by how affordable the SIS40215 – Certificate IV in Fitness cost is, so enquire now to find out!